Hello All!
Thanks for visiting my blog! I have thought a lot about whether or not blogging would be something that I would enjoy or if it would just suck my time up. But over the past several months I discovered something; people for some inexplicable reason feel comfortable enough to talk honestly and openly with me. Now, I know some of you who know are thinking, "ya that's because you do not have a 'question filter' and you ask people anything and everything!". Well, you are right, but that fact remains that people share their stories with me.
I'm also a people person who finds it extremely effective to travel down to my usual Starbucks to study rather than go to the Library. I enjoy this for a number of reasons. But the biggest reason that I do this is because I need a "people break". I need a break from the books and the best way to get reenergized is by talking to anyone and everyone! I know, I know...and yes, I am that guy that you dread making eye contact with at your local Starbucks!
In discovering that people tend to share their stories with me, I became passionate about sharing the Gospel with those people; not just in word but also by listening, loving, and caring for them. Yes they do not know me a lot of the time, but I love leaving a conversation with someone knowing that I someway and somehow encouraged them or made their day better. This blog is about my reflections and thoughts about these people, their stories, and my interaction with them. In telling these stories I will be writing about all sorts of issues (in the last week I spoke with a Jewish guy about the Hebrew Scriptures' explicit references to Jesus, a special ed teacher upset that the church has shunned the Homosexual community, and ran into some old students of mine that I hadn't seen in ages). These issues will cover the areas of Theology, Philosophy, Politics, and Relationships. Of course, I will have opinions, get fired up, express emotions about relationships, and you may not agree with me, and that's okay.
But most importantly I want you to catch the flame that ignited my soul. I have discovered that this world is full of people perishing who need the love of Jesus in their lives. But our God is so creative and omniscient, so much so that He purposefully and intentionally made such beautiful people with amazing stories. We just need to pause to listen. Here is a video that expresses my heart:
No comments:
Post a Comment